Unigraphics NX Level 1
Course Duration: 40 Hours
Tuition: $2,300 USD
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]Unigraphics NX Training: Level 1
An introduction to constraint based modeling assembly and drawings utilizing the latest release of Unigraphics NX. This course was developed for new users who want to become proficient with UG NX in just one week. This course focuses on core-modeling skills in a comprehensive manner which includes topics like sketching, part modeling, assemblies, drafting, and basic model management techniques. This course also includes several comprehensive design projects that enable one to practice these new skills by creating parts, assemblies, and drawings including WAVE top down modeling techniques.
Industrial designers may want to look at the intensive specific training for industrial designers. UG NX Level 1 for Industrial Designers
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisite +” state=closed]None. A mechanical aptitude is helpful.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
- Overview of the UG NX 8.5 User interface plus creating and assembling parts.
- Customize environment/map key development.
- Create Sketcher features, Extrudes, Sweeps, Patterns, Shell, Draft, Rounds, Holes, Datum features and Solid geometry using curves and surfaces.
- Use Modify, Edit and Rollback, and expressions to manipulate features and manage parent-child relationships to maintain more control over geometry (robust modeling techniques).
- Use Insert Here, Reorder, Edit Rollback to gain confidence.
- Utilize Edit NX parts that others have modeled & do so with confidence.
- More than just an introduction to assemblies & assembly constraints.
- More than just an introduction to drafting using NX.
[accordion-item title=”Discussion +” state=closed]
- Discuss bottom up modeling as opposed to the top down approach such as using WAVE link functions with examples.
- Discuss 3D annotations and production drawings for fully detailed piece parts vs. quality control or minimal control drawings.
- Discuss the multiple uses of drawings (to document models and their use as design tools for controlling snap fit, accuracy and locating interference). Learn how to take advantage of the parametric and the associative nature of NX 8.5.
[accordion-item title=”Tutorials +” state=closed]
- Model and detail a series of simple blocks.
- Create detail drafting drawings of block models.
- Create an assembly of a pre-existing toy dump truck.
- Use your newly developed skills to model and assemble a vise model and use detail drawings to manipulate the geometry to a specific .015 gap between parts.
- Use sweeps and utilize WAVE link tools or top down design to develop a desktop stapler.
- Modify an existing assembly of parts with interference issues.
- Create drawings for documentation and for managing modifications to parts and assemblies.
Click To View Exercise Images: