Solidworks Training: Introduction to Constraint Based Modeling
Course Duration: 40 hours
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]
This SolidWorks training class is for non-degreed participants, engineers, draftsmen, industrial designers, mechanical engineers and anyone else interested in learning SolidWorks. Although this class is designed for beginners, it is much more than a introductory course because we teach participants how to design products as opposed to simply how to use the software. This set of intelligent training design tools let you quickly detail designs and assemblies. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to
dimension manufacturing features in 3D, check dimensional completeness, and graphically display dimensional status on 2D drawings and create rather complex parts. Automatic interference and collision detection makes sure all parts fit together before you build a physical prototype, reducing cost and shortening the overall design cycle for faster time to market. This SolidWorks training class is as an introduction to constraint based modeling, utilizing the latest release of the software.
This workflow training course focus is on core-modeling skills in a comprehensive manner which includes topics such as sketching, SolidWorks part modeling, SolidWorks assemblies, detail drawings, and basic model management techniques for changing designs that others may have created. We also cover alternate workflow ideals that set users up for other modules. The basic SolidWorks Modeling techniques taught in our Level One class are often not utilized by even the more seasoned & advanced users in your office, especially if they have not previously participated in a Design Engine class in the past. This course includes over fifty comprehensive design tutorials or small projects that enable one to practice these new design workflow & skills by creating parts, assemblies, and drawings and making many changes. The exercises in this SolidWorks training course are designed to give users the utmost confidence and experience all within one week.
[accordion-item title=”Onsite Training +” state=open]This and all Design-Engine courses are offered also onsite at your facility. Call to speak to an account manager to arrange a class 312.226.8339 today.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Similar Course +” state=closed]Industrial designers may want to inquire about special Level 1 class just for your team. If a participant already knows a 3D tools such as Rhino or Alias Studio, participants can if all together get a special class pushing on the last day into surfacing.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisite +” state=closed]None, but a mechanical aptitude is helpful.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Similar Course +” state=closed]Solidworks Four Week Comprehensive[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Projects +” state=closed]Model and detail a desk vice. Participants will also modify an existing assembly of parts with interference issues.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisite +” state=closed]Mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn SolidWorks.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
- Cover new items in SolidWorks 2016.
- SolidWorks sketch utilities including 3D curves.
- Conics and rebuilding curves to higher order.
- Light introduction to using surfaces as tools to effect solids.
- Customize environment/map key development.
- Create features: Extrudes, Lofts, Patterns, Shell and Draft.
- Equations Create relationships between features using Equations.
- Detail drawings for documentation and assembly detail drawings complete with exploded views.
- Modify features and edit references.
- Cover basic surfacing complete with Sweeps and Lofts.
- Utilize Edit Feature and Edit Sketch.
- Engineering change orders – Learn to edit parts (with certainty) that others have modeled.
- Learn to use drawings not only to document models but as design tools for controlling snap fit and accuracy.
- Learn to create and edit assemblies with SolidWorks.
- Learn to organize yourself for developing a project.
- Learn to use basic render tools inside of SolidWorks.
[accordion-item title=”Discussions +” state=closed]
- Discuss Edit Sketch plane.
- Change and modify parts and assemblies.
- Discuss systems options in detail.
- Discuss editing parts others have modeled.
- Discuss using surfaces by themselves and within parts.
- Discuss several top down modeling approaches for developing products.
- Discuss designing mechanisms complete with surface detection complete w/ examples.
Click To View Images:
Introduction to constraint based modeling, assembly, detailing, and making changes utilizing the latest release of SolidWorks. This SolidWorks training course is developed for new users who want to become proficient learning SolidWorks all in one week. We help you learn SolidWorks, not read to you from a book or an exercise. In this course we help design engineers learn how to make changes quickly to set them up for becoming experts faster. As with all Design-Engine classes, participants keep the training material login and password for life.
Video Training Delivery System:
Ask your Design Engine account manager about the Design-Engine Video Training Delivery System or TDS for short. We have prepared this entire class in an easy to follow guide for designers and engineers who may want this TDS as a supplement to this course. Call today to speak to an Account manager about the details 312.226.8339