Creo Level 11: Import Data Doctor
Course Duration: 16 hours (2 days)
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]You used to be able to bring in IGES data before wildfire 3.0 Lean to manage import geometry from various 3D software packages such as Alias Studio, Rhino 3D, and/or SolidWorks. IDD (Import Data Doctor) can be offered for Wildfire 4.0 – 5.0 as well.
Note: Import Data Doctor is a two-day intensive workshop. We do not schedule this class often, so you must call Design Engine to schedule: 312.226.8339.
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisite +” state=closed]Some surface modeling skills are helpful.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
- Basic work flow, scope, and purpose of IDD.
- New workflow for Zip Gaps.
- Learn to delete and rebuild Boundary Blends inside IDD.
- Activate vs deactivate
- Merge workflow changed inside IDD and how to do so.
- Deal with more simple imports and task based repair of IGES or STEP geometry using IDD.
- Complex imports
- Coincident surfaces
- Define Gaps, Repair Gaps, and Closing gaps.
- Gaps/Slivers and how to manage them using Find.
- Tangent inside IDD.
- Modify, Extrapolate, Align, Transform, and Replace.
- Move Vetex
- Learn to make portions of your import geometry parametric.
- Freeze entities vs managing what changes during manipulations.
- Learn to manage sheet metal imports, Convert, Combine, and Extrude (convert non parametric data to parametric features).
[accordion-item title=”Discussion +” state=closed]
- Discuss various types of data for import such as Points, Facet Data, DXF, STEP and IGES.
- User Interface differences in Creo vs pre Wildfire 4.0.
- Convert surfaces to cylinders and extrusions (Pseudo-Feature).
- Display options for Frozen, Wireframe, Vertices ,and Tangent Constraints.
- IDD with respect to converting Sheet metal IGES / STEP parts from Creo then to Creo Sheet metal then ultimately to a flattened state.
- Basic workflow for generic repair vs more difficult repairs.
- Tips and Tricks
- Discuss workflow for making Import geometry parametric.
[accordion-item title=”Tutorials +” state=closed]
- Manage basic import and rebuild using tools outside of DataDoctor.
- Basic import and rebuild using tools inside DataDoctor.
- Sheet metal repair.
Click To View Images: