Maya: Four Week Comprehensive
Course Duration: 160 hours
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]This Maya 3D: Four Week Comprehensive Training is an intensive in depth focus into 3D modeling utilizing Autodesk Maya 3D. This four week compressive workshop is a culmination of all the Maya 3D classes we offer. Learn Maya 3D basics of modeling, shading, animation, dynamics and character development using Maya 3D.
Week One: Portfolio review, interface, modeling intensive. Serious overview using Maya 3D.
Week Two: Modeling NURBS, advanced polygon modeling, lighting techniques, renderings, data exchange, and import to Pro/Engineer for tooling. Rendering intensive.
Week Three: Rendering and details for developing imagery for portfolio. After Effects, animation, dynamics, deformation, and more rendering.
Week Four: Character Development.
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisite +” state=closed]Degree in design or sculpture helpful but not necessary. This class is perfect for graphic designers looking to enhance their ability to get jobs within advertising agencies.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
Other than the topics listed below this workshop is always customized to what you need. Ask about our ZBrush offerings too!
- Establish a strong foundation in Maya to build on as you learn.
- Learn the Maya interface: Modeling and Rendering.
- Create primitives in NURBS, Polygons, Surfaces and Subdivisions.
- Model out of spheres, cubes, cylinders, cones, planes, circles and squares.
- Learn how to manipulate verticies, faces, edges, UV’s.
- Learn with hands on examples the basics of polygon and subdivided surface modeling using Poly Proxy.
- Model using all modeling tools such as: Sculpt, Extrude, Duplicate, etc.
- Learn how to model using lattices and other deformers.
- Learn how to convert NURBS to polygons & subdivisions and vice versa.
- Learn parenting by using the Hypergraph.
- Learn lighting and understand how a scene should be lit using Key, Fill, and Back Lighting.
- Learn how to create shadows and reflections to create the right kind of atmosphere for the scene.
- Learn object shading and texturing.
- Learn how to use the Hypershade and how to create shading networks.
- Learn how to prepare a scene before rendering: adjusting the anti-aliasing, resolution, format, and shadows.
[accordion-item title=”Discussions +” state=closed]
- Discuss proving form and review techniques for ideation.
- Discuss strengths and weaknesses comparing polygonal and boundary modeling in Maya to other high-end industry standard surfacing software.
- Discuss light reflections with respect to subconscious understanding of 3D form.
- Discuss standard modeling techniques with respect to industry standards.
- Discuss plan of attack and approach for capturing form from conceptual sketches.
- Understand the Common Material Attributes: Color, Incandescence, Bump Mapping, Diffuse, Incandescence, Transparency, Translucence (depth and focus).
- Understand Bump Mapping and what it can achieve in a specific scene.
- Discuss various editors and the layout of Maya.
- Utilize the rendering techniques Maya has to offer.
- Discuss optimizing quality with respect to render times and discuss troubleshooting common rendering problems.
- Understand how to add motion blur to scenes with objects that are in motion.
- Learn how to create a camera and how to use it in rendering scenes.
- Learn how to take a manageable project from concept to render.
- Discuss tool-able data and import options to popular solid modeling programs from Maya.
- Discuss where to stop in Maya and to start in solid modeler for tooling.
- Discuss using examples important post production efforts with renderings in Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere.
- Surface evaluation (zebra striping).
- Understanding tessellation for rendering.
- Discuss character development.
[accordion-item title=”Tutorials +” state=closed]
- Soft goods product
- Polypropylene bottle
- Glass bottle
- Children’s riding toy
- Toy vehicle
- Polypro chair
- Character development from sketch to Maya render
Click To View Images:
“Maya training”, “Maya classes”, “Maya courses”
*Please note that prices listed on this page are based upon pre-payment prior to the start of the class