Level 2: Designing with Rhino 3D
Course Duration: 40 hours
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]This Level 2 Rhino 3D course covers the basics but goes much further and discusses imports into Pro/Engineer or SolidWorks geometry. Students will learn about surface modeling and discuss general modeling approaches relating specifically to Rhino 3D Software. In this class you’ll learn to create and edit accurate and free-form 3D NURBS curves and surfaces. This fast-moving class covers most of Rhino’s functionality, including the most advanced surfacing commands. In this comprehensive five-day class you’ll learn to create and modify accurate and free-form 3D NURBS models. The last day of this class also includes one day of Flamingo, Vray or Maxwell rendering instruction.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisites +” state=closed]Industrial design degree helpful or Design Engine’s Level 1: Intro Rhino class.
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
- Creating Draft with Rhino.
- View port Layout.
- Layer Management
- Modify curves and surfaces with Edit Commands.
- 3D Models from 2D drawings and scanned images.
- Boolean primitive geometry.
- Object snaps
- Lines in 3D space
- Curve on surface
- Focus on rounds and blends.
- Text on surface
- Extract Edge
- Loft, Patch, and Sweep2rails.
- Surfacing Tools: Sweeps, Revolves, Lofting and Surface From Curve Network.
- Curves from objects.
- Managing the implied tangency (across mirror plane).
[accordion-item title=”Discussions +” state=closed]
- Identify the different ways to display geometry.
- Use curves and Curve On Surface techniques.
- Plan your model from concept sketch to final construction.
- Surface Curve Networks and alternate uses for this tool.
- Lofts and Sweeps for adding Draft to base geometry.
- Discuss surface and curve analysis tool, Zebra.
- Discuss rules common to all surface models.
- Render in Flamingo vs other popular rendering packages.
- Layout and design.
- Discuss typical and atypical work-flow for industrial designers.
- Discuss basics of rendering.
- Discuss A-Class Surfacing.
Click To View Images:
“Rhino training, classes, courses”