Creo Cable Harness Design
Course Duration: 40 Hours
This class runs every other month. In this five-day course, participants will gain a healthy knowledge of routing cables and individual conductors in Creo assemblies. Using Creo Schematics or what is now being called Creo Schematics, participants will learn how to create 2D electrical harnesses that route that geometry through 3D Creo assemblies in order to obtain wire lengths and the appropriate nail board drawings of the flattened harnesses. Participants will learn how to route electrical harnesses, create flattened harnesses for manufacturing, and document harness designs by creating flattened harness drawings that include customized BOM tables and wire list information. Participants will also learn how to create Wiring Block Diagrams and utilize that data for later auto route functions through assemblies. After successfully completing the course, participants will be able to create 3D electrical harnesses and associated manufacturing deliverable using the latest version of Creo. The 40 hour course covers extensive study and use of Creo Schematics or any other 2D schematics tool.
Although Design Engine is prepared to generate custom training materials upon student participant interests or job requirements this preparation process takes time. Ten to twenty hours is often required for generating custom HTML tutorials. Call Design Engine to speak to a designer for inquiries 312.226.8339
- Modeling 3D Electrical Harnesses with Creo 3.0 Assemblies
- Manage import or model connectors and learn to Set up connectors effectively
Participants learn how to prepare connectors, route electrical harnesses through Creo assemblies and separated top down models, create flattened harnesses for manufacturing, and document harness designs by creating flattened harness drawings that include customized BOM tables and wire list information. Participants will gain a firm grasp on large assemblies and top down design, flattened harness with manufacturing details such as wire/conductor lengths.
Creating Electrical Harness Assembly Structures
Workflow issues with respect to construction through to major changes to harness assemblies
Managing issues with respect to making changes to harness models
Learn routing wires (conductors) Pin to pin w/ multiple connectors and cables in Creo Assembly to create harness designs
- Introduction to top down design with respect to cable Design and harness design
- In this course students learn how to create 3D electrical harnesses using Creo. This includes using schematic diagrams created with Creo Schematics so to pass information into 3D harness designs through Creo Assemblies.
- Participants learn how to route electrical harnesses through Creo assemblies and separated top down models, create flattened harnesses for manufacturing, and document harness designs by creating flattened harness drawings that include customized BOM tables and wire list information. Participants will gain a firm grasp on large assemblies and top down design in these workshops
- After successfully completing the course, participants will be able to create 3D electrical harnesses and associated manufacturing deliverable’s using Creo. Participants will also be able to use Routed Systems Designer to create wiring block diagrams, prepare Creo Schematics drawings for XML export, and automatically route wires through Creo assemblies.
- Diagram and Harness Development Process Overview
- Creating Wiring Diagrams using Creo Schematic
- Modify existing RSD diagrams or Creo Schematics for successfully XML export to Creo assemblies for auto routing
- Transferring Creo Schematics information into Creo Assemblies
- Managing harness assembly designs with top down design
- Creating Flat Harnesses for Manufacturing and Harness Detail Drawings
- Creating Electrical Harness Assembly Structures
- Routing wires and cables in harness designs
- Creating Flat Harnesses for Manufacturing
- Creating Harness Drawings
- Workflow issues with respect to construction through to major changes to harness assemblies
- Discuss how Creo Schematics integrated with routing cables and auto route work together to enhance efficiency
- Discuss AutoCAD workflow for aiding the autorout process for making Creo Assembly
- Expound alternate ways to gather usable connectors i.e. IGES/STEP from web site resources
- Discuss the difference between wires and conductors
- Discuss how to handle modifications to a cable if parts in the assembly turn up missing
- Discuss how top down design aids in the cable routing process
- Review why a designer might want to use top down design relationships made for routing harnesses before submitting to a team center, Windchill, Intralink, or other library system
- Illustrate and discuss problems with auto route with respect to spool data, schematics and network cables
- Discuss solutions workflow with respect to initial construction of cables through to auto routing process
- After successfully completing this course, participants will be able to create 3D electrical harnesses and associated manufacturing deliverable’s using Creo.
Introduction to Creo Cable Harness Design plus making changes utilizing the latest release of Creo. This Creo Cable Harness Design training course is developed users who want to become proficient in harness design all in one week. As with all of the Design-engine classes we help you learn Creo not read to you from an exercise or a book. In this course we also help design engineers learn how to make changes quickly to set them up for becoming expert faster. As with all Design-engine classes participants keep the training material login and password for life.
Video Training Delivery System:
Ask your Design Engine account manager about the Design-Engine Video Training Delivery System or TDS for short. We have prepared this entire class in an easy to follow guide for designers and engineers who may want this TDS as a supplement to this course. Call today to speak to an Account manager about the details 312.226.8339