Creo Freestyle Training Level 10: Freestyle ‘Sub’D modeling
Course Duration: 16 hours (2 days)
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]Create freestyle surfaces using the new Sub’D Modeler inside Creo (this tool was new in Creo 1.0).[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisite +” state=closed]None. However, a basic understanding of Creo surfaces would allow students to get further through the course material.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
- Basic work flow.
- Using Trace Sketch.
- Using Visual Mirror.
- Transform and Scale Control vertices/faces.
- Align and planarize.
- Extrude Sub’d.
- Utilize Transform & Scale to manifest vertices & edge lines.
- Manage Mirror and break summitry as necessary.
- Utilize Connect, Edge Split, and Face Split to tweak and pinch surfaces.
- Rendering using Creo Mental Ray tools.
- Mix and match Freesltye with Creo Parametric surfaces.
[accordion-item title=”Discussions +” state=closed]
- Integrating Sub’D Freestyle surfaces with other surfaces inside Creo and ISDX.
- Creating soft-good products such as leather goods and bags.
- Discuss the history of Sub’D Freestyle modeling and compare to Catia, Maya, and 3D Max.
- Discuss Sub’D Freestyle work flow with respect to integrating to regular surfaces in Creo.
- Discuss the various primitives and their perspective workflow.
- Discuss manipulating faces vs vertices.
- Learn more advanced workflow managing conceptual design or ideation of forms.
- Discuss what’s new in Creo 3.0 Freestyle by constraining freelstyle geometry to parametric curves and Creo Surfaces.
[accordion-item title=”Tutorials +” state=closed]
- Create a couch and Ottoman.
- Create a toy airplane using a Creo Freestyle polygon cube Create a toy giraffe model using a polygon box primitive.
- Create eyeglass frames from a primitive sphere.
- Create a carbon fiber bicycle frame.
- Create an Auto Front end from images.
- Create a front-end of a rally car from a square initial primitive shape.
- Create bicycle and Motorcycle saddle.
- Develop Motorcycle Swing-arm using Solid Geometry.
- Create multiple iterations of a hair brushes.
- Learn to create soft-goods products such as bags and gun holsters.
There are 20 tutorials for this advanced Creo Surfacing Freestyle Workshop in total . More experience users tend to move more quickly through the materials.