Creo Surfacing Level 1: Robust Surfacing Techniques
Course Duration: 16 hours
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true tag=h1]
[accordion-item title=”Overview -” state=open] Discuss the many different Creo surfacing styles and techniques. Learn with specific examples the basics of surfacing. More than an introduction, this course sets participants up for an aggressive growth into surface modeling using Creo. This two-day course has the same curriculum as the first two days of the Creo week long Surfacing Intensive.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisite -” state=closed] Only basic Creo experience is necessary for this class.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Topics -” state=closed]
- Create parametric curves which PTC calls Datum Curves.
- Use Extruded and Swept surfaces to create simple surfaces.
- Learn to build thin protrusions from single and merged surfaces.
- Learn to use the Extend, Freeform, Blend, Revolve and Flat Tools to create surfaces.
- Use Transform surfaces.
- learn the basics of Import Data Dr: Managing IGES & STEP.
- Learn to use basic Sweep functions and what was Variable Section Sweeps.
- Discover and use the basics of four part boundaries, hidden under the ‘advanced’ options.
- Utilize Merge to join surfaces. Merge surfaces to form more complicated sets of merged surfaces.
- Discover how well Creo handles 3 part boundaries but understand the inherent problems with these 3 part surfaces.
- Discover blends.
- Learn how to build and construct robust 4 part boundaries.
- Build solids from surface quilts.
- Learn to use Surfaces with respect to top-down design
- lean to use Copy and Past special with Curves and surfaces.
- Use surfaces to effect solid geometry.
[accordion-item title=”Discussions -” state=closed]
- Discuss building robust curves and the time saving benefits of a careful plan of attack.
- Discuss differences between sweep and blend tools.
- Compare and discuss other surface modeling software to Creo.
- Discuss clam shell plastic part design as related to Swept surfaces. Also discuss styling grooves with examples.
- Discuss the proper techniques of surface modeling and the ability for others to understand the approach.
- Discuss workflow and approach to surface modeling.
- Discuss modifying other designers surface models.
- Discuss in detail surface analysis tools and the practical uses with specific examples.
- Discuss in detail how bad habits are formed with respect to surfacing and how you can avoid those same pitfalls.
[accordion-item title=”Tutorials -” state=closed]
- Stapler, sweeps and top down design
- IGES tutor, import data doctor
- Paper in the wind, a four part boundary exercise
- Hood scoop tutorial
- Saddle tutor, sweep, project & trim tutorial
- Smile tutor
- Scalop tutor
There are 12 tutorials for this first Surfacing Workshop in total. More experience users tend to move more quickly through the materials.
Video Training Delivery System:
Ask your Design Engine account manager about the Design-Engine Video Training Delivery System or TDS for short. We have prepared this entire class in an easy to follow guide for designers and engineers who may want this TDS as a supplement to this course. Call today to speak to an account manager about the details of this course at 312.226.8339