Creo Level 10: Design of Plastic Injection Molds Using Creo
Course Duration: 16 Hours / 40 Hours
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]Mold Base layout and design of Plastic Injection Mold Base. Any changes made to the design model automatically propagate to the mold components and assemblies. Participants will learn how to create final extract components that reflect the geometry of the design model, along with shrinkage considerations.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Onsite Training +” state=closed]This and all Design-Engine courses are offered onsite at your facility. Call to speak to an account manager to arrange a class. 312.226.8339
[accordion-item title=”Similar Courses +” state=closed]Week Long Manufacturing Comprehensive, Forging Part Design, Plastics Part Design, Die Cast Part Design, Sheetmetal Part Design, Prototype and Production Machining, CNC Machining.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Intended Audience +” state=closed]The instructor has made it clear that this course is open for managers, buyers or anyone specifying and evaluating Mold Tooling are open to taking this two day or week long class. Others who may be interested in this course indclude: anyone who needs to understand mold design concepts, OEM Manufacturers, Managers and Molders, Tooling Buyers, Tooling Engineers, Product Designers, Toolmakers, Mold Makers, and Junior Mold Designers. 3d Creo knowledge is helpful but not necessary, Those without CAD knowledge are welcome.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisite +” state=closed]
Prior experience with Creo and a willingness to learn or the two day Plastics Part Design class.
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
- Layout Mold Base
- Top Down Design
- Cooling lines
- Base Steel
- Part and Mold Design from start to finish – a hands on experience.
- Molding Press and Mold Anatomy
- Mold Types
- Ordering Steel
- Plastic Behavior, Flow
- Components & Functions
- Runners & Gates, Guide Lines & Good Practices
- Mold Assembly
- Lift Holes
- Lifting Components
- Generating a complete part design.
[accordion-item title=”Discussions +” state=closed]
- Account for Side Action.
- Preparing parts for the manufacturing process.
- Deliberate & derive the parting surfaces of IGES or STEP parts.
- Nominal wall thickness
- Draft Check and Nominal wall
- Deliberate thin wall design.
- Selecting and Importing Standard components & Mold Bases.
- Discuss how Top Down design facilitates the mold base development process.
- Analyzing the part design for mold construction.
- Any changes made to the design model automatically propagate to the mold components and assemblies.
- Mold Design Set up
- Creating a core and cavity assembly
- Preparing the mold assembly for commercial components.
- Machining information
- Discuss accounting for shrinkage.
- Finishing a complete mold design in 3d.
[accordion-item title=”Projects +” state=closed]
- Participants are encouraged to bring their plastic parts in any format for this class.
- Layout and develop mold base for various parts supplied by Design-engine or the instructor.
- Compound Parting Surface example.
- IGES or STEP part with out the supplied parting surface.
[accordion-item title=”Brief +” state=closed]
Introduction to Mold Base Design & Injection mold development + making changes in Parts to see updates in the mold utilizing the latest release of Creo. This Creo Mold Base training course is intended for serious design engineers, tooling engineers, anyone tasked to purchase plastic injection parts, and anyone who wants to become proficient developing Plastic injection mold bases in just one week. We help you learn Creo, not read to you from an exercise. In this course we help design engineers learn how to make changes quickly to set them up for becoming expert faster. As with all Design-Engine classes, participants keep the training material login and password for life.
Click To View Images:
“Creo Training”, “Creo Mold Design”, “Creo 3.0 Training”, “Creo Plastic Injection “, “Creo Mold Base Design”
Video Training Delivery System:
Ask your Design Engine account manager about the Design-Engine Video Training Delivery System or TDS for short. We have prepared this entire class in an easy to follow guide for designers and engineers who may want this TDS as a supplement to this course. Call today to speak to an Account Manager about the details 312.226.8339