Advanced Pro Sheetmetal
Course Duration: 16 hours
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]This is an advanced sheet metal course. Participants will be trained to work on items such as small battery contacts, aircraft mounting brackets, electronics enclosures, larger stove/oven components, or auto panels.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Similar Course +” state=closed]Creo Sheetmetal class instead of this Pro/SHEETMETAL[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Onsite Training +” state=closed]This and all Design-Engine courses are offered onsite at your facility. Call to speak to an account manager to arrange a class at 312.226.8339 today.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Projects +” state=closed]Calculate the developed length of material needed. Pro/Sheetmetal accounts for bends of different radii and material thickness. Convert IGES file with inconsistent wall thickness and punch geometry into a Pro/Sheetmetal part ready for production. Curriculum can be combined with Pro/Surface tools for automobile sheet metal functions or for smaller battery contacts.
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisites +” state=closed]Prior experience with Pro/Sheetmetal and a willingness to learn.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
- Set up Pro/Sheetmetal for team design efforts.
- Bend allowance and developed length.
- Punch and die reference parts.
- Sheet metal bend tables.
- Transition bends.
- Xsec-driven bends and unbends.
- Deformation areas.
[accordion-item title=”Discussion +” state=closed]
- Discuss differences between Notch Forms and Punch Forms.
- Sheet metal design approach.
- Discuss 2001 and Wildfire iconography.
- Discuss K and Y factors and how to modify them for specific tooling or prototyping.
- Discuss stretching due to deformation areas.
- Create bend order tables that specify the order, bend radius, and bend angle used for manufacturing.
[accordion-item title=”Tutorials +” state=closed]
- Layout and develop oven and stove component.
- Create complex beryllium copper battery contact with bend on top of form feature.
- Use bend table to control.
- Use automatic Ordinate Dimensions on sheet metal component in drawings.
- Design sheet metal parts defining the volume and support structures for the components of an assembly.
Click To View Images:
“Pro E Training”, “Pro Engineer Training”, “Pro E Sheetmetal “, “Pro Sheetmetal Design”, “Creo Training”
*Please note that prices listed on this page are based upon pre-payment prior to the start of the class