Adobe Photoshop Level 1
Course Duration: 16 / 32 / 40 hour Adobe Photoshop Courses available
[accordion autoclose=false openfirst=true clicktoclose=true]
[accordion-item title=”Overview +” state=open]The purpose of this Adobe Photoshop training course is to get you acquainted with the basics of Photoshop and to rapidly familiarize you with all the possibilities of the software. This course will also train you to use Photoshop regularly in the workplace and/or help you develop a competitive portfolio. Students will learn to use Photoshop for sizing, image editing, and color correction. Participants will also explore creative effects with layers, brushes, and other tools.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Discussion +” state=closed]
- How to prepare for web vs. print.
- Discuss going back and forth with Illustrator and other applications.
- Discuss tips and tricks.
[accordion-item title=”Prerequisites +” state=closed]Open minded with an interest in using Photoshop to communicate.[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Topics +” state=closed]
- Getting to know the User Interface (UI) and tools
- Using Adobe Bridge
- Basic photo corrections
- Working with Selections
- Layer basics
- Masks and Channels
- Color balancing images
- Basic filters
- Understanding Image Size and Resolution
[accordion-item title=”Goals +” state=closed]
- Become familiar with the Photoshop workspace.
- Learn to resize images.
- Learn selection techniques.
- Learn how to collage images from various sources.
- Learn to create layer masks.
- Understand color models.
- Learn to use brush tools for painting and retouching.
- Understand basic color correction principles and techniques.
- Use the Layers panel for adjustments, clipping, and special effects.
- Learn to prepare final art for web and print.
The 16-hour class covers many basics of Photoshop. This course description, however, is for the 40-hour class. In order to cover ALL of this curriculum, the 40-hour class needs to be taken, especially since our students get to participate using Photoshop.